Kolb Studio clings to the edge of Grand Canyon. It was the home and photographic studio of pioneers Emery and Ellsworth Kolb. Begun in 1904, the building has evolved through two major additions and countless minor changes during its century of existence at Grand Canyon. The evolution and survival of Kolb Studio is also the story of its builders, Emery and Ellsworth Kolb.
Historic Kolb Studio is open year-round. It contains an exhibit venue, bookstore, and information center operated by the Grand Canyon Association. With help from donors GCA is in the process of rehabilitating this valuable piece of Grand Canyon History to be available for generations to come.